**UPDATED**: Applications for Science Adventure Lab visits during the 2017-18 school year are now available.
How to Apply for a Visit
Teachers, principals, and other school staff may email the Science Adventure Lab at firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application package.
Our Science Education Department receives many more requests for visits than we can accommodate, so unfortunately, we can’t visit every school that applies. All applicants will be notified of our review committee’s decision. We will contact successful applicants to select a date for the visit in the upcoming school year.
Some factors that we consider when evaluating applications are listed below. Please consider these factors before requesting an application:
- The percentage of students at your school receiving free or reduced price lunch. We give priority to schools with more than 50% of students receiving free or reduced-price lunch.
- Eligibility for Title I funding. We give priority to Title I–eligible schools.
- Location. We visit schools throughout Washington state. We give priority to rural schools that have limited access to regional science enrichment opportunities.
There must be accessible, off-street parking for the Science Adventure Lab available at the school. The Science Adventure Lab is 45 feet long and, when the slide-out rooms are extended, over 13 feet wide. As a guide, the Science Adventure Lab is larger than a school bus and closer to the size of a Greyhound tour bus. Please contact us if you are unsure the Science Adventure Lab can navigate the parking lots at your school.
The Science Adventure Lab’s maximum capacity, including students, teachers and aides, is 30 people. If your classes are larger than 30, please contact us to discuss options.
If your school is selected for a visit, you will be required to:
- Obtain signed permission slips for all students that will participate (we will provide the necessary forms).
- Complete pre- and post-lab activities (each require less than one class period).
- Commit to scheduling the 60, 75 or 90-minute blocks of time required to complete the experiments on the mobile science lab.
Request an Application
Applications for Science Adventure Lab visits during the 2017-18 school year are now available.
Teachers, principals, and other school staff may email the Science Adventure Lab at email@example.com to request an application package, to request additional information, or to be added to the distribution list for applications.